Occupation: Broker Associate
Best Part of the Job: Helping clients find the place they can’t wait to call ‘home.’
Words to Live By: It’s a good day to have a good day!
Hard-working, positive, sincere, and bubbly—that’s how Shar Harting is described by those who know her best, and it’s what she brings to the table with each and every client.
Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Shar was perfectly happy living the Utah life until 2009, when her husband’s new job required a move to Thief River Falls—a small town of 8,000 in northern Minnesota. While friends and family thought the pair were crazy for making such a big change and leaving behind both sides of their extended families, it turned out to be an adventure they both loved.
Five years later, it was once again time for Shar, her husband and their growing family to relocate—this time to the Denver Metro area, where they could be closer to family (and bask in the 320 days of sunshine a year that the Centennial State offers). Herself a client of Destination Denver Realty at that time, Shar readily admits that it’s her own relocation experiences that led her into her career as a Broker Associate. Now able to come alongside those moving to the Denver area, she knows what they’re going through—the excitement, the challenges, the frustrations and, ultimately, the rewards.
Settled in Castle Rock since 2014, Shar has fallen in love with its small-town feel and family-friendly atmosphere and activities. Couple that with the area’s ever-changing weather and abundant outdoor activities, and it’s easy to see why the Hartings are thrilled to call Colorado home. When not at work, you’re likely to find Shar jogging, biking, gardening, traveling, or simply spending time with family and friends.
Shar can be reached at email@example.com or 801-652-2563.
Five Little-Known Facts About Shar:
- She’s an avid runner who has completed countless 5Ks and 10Ks and three half-marathons. She’s currently training for her next one in Key West, Florida. (Running at sea level should make it easier…right?)
- Is married to Dee and has three daughters and a Jack Russell Terrier/Dachsund mix named Porter (whose coat just happens to resemble the color of a beer by the same name).
- Her full name is ‘Sharlee,’ and it wasn’t until her husband began calling her ‘Shar’ that her new, shortened name stuck.
- Still spends one day a week each summer working at Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course—the perks are great, and the views aren’t bad either!
- Isn’t afraid to help clients find the home of their dreams—even if they first see it while driving by on the Fourth of July and really, really want to get in to take a look.
“I never want my clients to get discouraged if they don’t find the right house right away—it may take seeing 2 houses or 20 or more, but the right house will come and they’ll know it when they see it.”
Charity Challenge – Wounded Warrior Project
This year, Shar is raising funds for Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit organization serving veterans and service members who incurred physical or mental injuries, illnesses, or wounds while serving in the military on or after September 11, 2001. Having several close friends and family members who have served in the U.S. Army, Shar appreciates all that the military does for this country on a daily basis.
You can support Shar’s efforts by donating or learning more online at woundedwarriorproject.org.